We try and focus on the getting the best out of a small space every week, and this week is no different. This weeks top tips will not only make you feel more at home but help you enjoy your space a little bit more.
- When purchasing a bookcases, try and get on with a glass-front. They seem to feel less cluttered when things are behind glass. If you are planning on going for on that has no glass maybe get a wicker basket or two, allowing you to hide all your cluttering possessions.
- Start your design by creating yourself an actual floor plan and (as close as possible) add all your furniture pieces as individual pieces of paper. This will allow you to move them around until you are happy with the layout.
- When designing your space, view it from your front door. You don’t want to see the wires of your Tv when you walk into your apartment.
- Don’t be afraid of colour. Yes, white makes a room look bigger, but so does dark brown glossy paint (etc.) when paired with the right colour furnishings.
- Don’t try and furnish your space all at once. Start with the important pieces first then you can start adding as you go along.